Thursday, March 5, 2015

Home Alone. Again

In case you wonder why I've been writing so much about my friend Poot, just blame it all on the weather. Already we have to work three Fridays to make up for cancelled work days. Make that four now. Please, God help.

What is so bad about that is Friday has always been the foundation of my endurance training. Now my road to becoming fit enough to swim nineteen miles just got infinitely more difficult. Again. The pool is closed, the ponds are cold, and with a projected 16 degree low tonight, they are likely frozen tomorrow. Again.

Monday I had a good weight lifting session at Plate City Gym. I even took a shuffle of two + miles. Tuesday I did some more shuffling and made it to DSU for 

1,450 
8 X 50 @ 1:00 decline 1-4
16 X 50 @ 2:00 decline 1-3, hold number 4 (3 X 1:34; 2 X 1:35)
50 easy
2 X 400
 1st fins breathing 3/5 by 50s
 2nd swim breathing 3/5 by 50s
500 back kick/swim by 25s with fins
total: 4,000 yards = 3,656 meters.

Wednesday I did a small 1.13 mile shuffle. That's all. I thought about Plate City, but I just couldn't make myself do it.

Probably our Masters will be cancelled tonight as well as the pool being closed tomorrow. This is March, the month of building, but I'm not building. I'm going the other way. You might think I'm a whinner, but I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment