Thursday, March 12, 2015

Day Four

Day Four was a bit of a disappointment if numbers are all that matter. Numbers are not all that matter. But Endurance Week is looking more and more like just a week off work. Yesterday I left the pool early due to a general fatigue that followed me the rest of the day and into the night. This morning, I slept in a little longer than normal and spent some time with the cats. I posted about that already, about the nostalgia that invaded my soul upon waking. 

I gave into the nostalgia and decided not to make the drive to DSU. It takes me a minimum of four hours to make a swim there. I just didn't want to do it. What I did instead was take a long (for me at the present time) run. The rain held off, so I went shuffling in the morning and went longer than I have since I restarted a couple of weeks ago. I did 5.21 miles of shuffling and .5 miles of walking.

Normally I would lift weights in the afternoon when not swimming. What I did instead was work on Plate City Gym. I got a lot done although it is difficult to put into words exactly what all that was. Part of it was getting things cleaned up. I put nails into some of the wooden posts and was able to get a lot of plates off the ground. I also laid some concrete blocks to give me a little more room for dumbbells and kettle bells. Another thing I started but didn't finish was to work on the leg press machine. I am attempting to make it where I have a greater range of motion. My attempt today was a failure, but I'll work on it more tomorrow.

Tomorrow after DSU. Yes, I do plan to make the drive and go for a pretty big one tomorrow. And maybe, just maybe we will get that sunshine the weather man has been promising us for the weekend. We haven't seen the sun here in more than a day for the past several weeks. That is beginning to wear on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment