Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Day Three

I went to DSU with the idea of scaling back a bit, but not like what I actually did. Since this was the first time this year to swim three days in a row, prudence said I should lighten up a some. My body said I should lighten up a lot. I simply crashed. What I swam was

1,500
500 back kick/swim with fins
2 X 150 RIM
1 X 200 RIM
4 X 75 hard/easy/hard by 25 @ 1:30
250 kick with fins
250 easy
total: 3,300 yards = 3,016 meters.

I just didn't have the fire in the belly. 

I also needed to get back to town because I had an appointment with the tooth dentist to get my teeth looked at. After I got home from the tooth dentist and getting my teeth cleaned and examined, I turned on the local news to hear about a book signing at the local book store. It was "a fiction novel," the reporter told us. Imagine.

That pretty much finished ruining my day. I know, I shouldn't be so sensitive. I tell my students often not to be English majors, not if they want to be happy. Better be a tooth dentist or something like that. Or write fiction novels.

Tomorrow is another day. Maybe a better one. At least I don't have to go back to the tooth dentist until next week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment