Thursday, March 5, 2015

Fit to Be Tied (A Poot Story. Sort of)

My friend Poot is pissed off. Fit to be tied as the old saying goes. 

He found my blog.

Good guacamole did he pitch a fit.

"What the  @^& ing @#!! are you doing!?" he wrote in one of those Facebook Messenger things.

"Relax," I answered. "Nobody knows who you are."

"Stop it now or I'm driving to Mississippi and whipping your butt!"

"Poot, have you forgotten what I did to you when we were in the sixth grade?"

"That was the sixth grade. I've grown up, you dumb dick head."

"Poot, I'm still four inched taller. And do you have to use that language? You are a preacher, you know."

"So was Samson. He whipped a lot of butt."


"I don't think that applies here."

"I think it does."

"Relax. Confession is good for the soul."

"Confession can get us in a lot of trouble."

"I already asked a policeman about the statute of limitations on arson. It's seven years."

"I still don't like it."

"Chill."

He stopped writing back. I think he had some sermons to prepare or something. Anyway, I am home again due to inclement weather. So I think I'm gunna write another some more Poot story stories. That should make my old buddy happy. Besides, I really think there should be a record of all our exploits. In a way, I'm kind of proud of what we done. Not just anybody can pull all that off. They way I figure it, the stuff me n Poot didn't do hasn't been thought of yet.

What I can't figure is how come it took Poot so long to find my blog. I thought he knew. We've been Facebook friends since I've been on Facebook, and I've been blogging almost as long. It is true, the Poot stories started much later. But I always post a link on Facebook so how come he's just now getting the message? I guess he's figured out what that link is that I post about three times a week. 

Geez, the Poot of my childhood was a lot smarter than that.

I guess that's what getting growed up does to you. It slows you down in all sorts of ways. It slows down your imagination and your nerve and your sense of adventure. And even then, when I was a boy, I thought grown ups weren't as smart as us. Not that I ever thought we was smart. I just thought grown ups lost something in the head. They had power but not smarts. 

I still think that.

No comments:

Post a Comment