Saturday, March 14, 2015

Day Six

It was raining during the night but not when I awakened this morning. What!?! Nice. According to the weatherman, it was supposed to start drying up a bit. It did a little, but the sun never came out all day long. 

I took advantage of the semi-dry but cloudy day to take Jeff to the Recycle Bins. This has become a habit with us. In fact, he starts following me around on Saturday mornings and begging. He looks at me with an intensity in his eyes. Sometimes he pokes my lower leg with his nose. He wants to get in the truck and go. So we did as we usually do.
Jeff barking at a bird house. He's bad!


I dumped the recycle stuff, and then Jeff and I went around the paved trail. He likes that and we set a record time for making the loop. We stayed out of the woods where there is a forest trail because the river is all up out of its banks right now on account of the monsoons. Jeff and I try to cover a mile and when we got 1.03 done this morning, we climbed into the truck and left.

When we leave there, we always go riding looking for cats. Jeff loves cats and if he sees one he whines like a little baby. We stopped beside a house we always drive by because a whole heard of felines live there. The problem with Jeff is his eyesight is not good and if the cats don't move, he can't see them. Today they moved and he saw them and whined. That makes me happy.

Then we always ride some more and go by a couple of house that have dogs. Jeff likes dogs almost as much as cats. If he sees a dog, he gets happy and whines. We saw dogs. One dog, a big red shaggy one, approached the truck, rared up, and sniffed Jeff's nose while we were stopped in the middle of the road. Sweet.

After I took Jeff home, I went out for a shuffle and did 6.01 miles. The Viking Half Marathon is in two weeks. I am beginning to believe I may do it. Maybe. One thing is for sure: if I think there is a much of a risk of re-injury, I won't do it.

Later in the afternoon, I went outdoors for some dry land. Below are a couple of pics of Plate City Gym. I have made a few improvements lately. I have some more things in mind. This is not the whole of the gym, but this is the center piece, the place where I prepare my muscles for the training it takes to complete the Challenge.



No comments:

Post a Comment