Monday, March 28, 2016

3/21 - 3/27

Another disaster struck Greenwood, Mississippi last week. No, not more flooding. Not another unsolved crime. Not a murder or a kidnapping. Not even a fire. The disaster came back in the form of another bad week of Chicot training. 

I am fully aware that no one outside of me in Greenwood gives a hoot. Probably few people who read this blog care too much. Spring Break week was super, but it all came crashing down with the approach of Easter. That's right, Easter meant the pool was closed Friday. I get it. Easter meant the pool was closed Thursday night. I don't get it. The weather that was so warm has, well it's still been not too bad, but the night time temperatures have been outrageous. I drove to the pond twice last week and failed to get into the water once I got there. What I did do was 

run 28.67 miles,
lift weights three times,
swim 5,700 meters, and
walk 8.19 miles.

Another good running week. That was nice. Also, Saturday was the Viking Half Marathon, which I will write about in a separate post. But I need good swimming days and weeks and months. I have to get big yards this week or call the swim off. Prayers appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment