Saturday, March 19, 2016

Friday of Spring Break

Friday, I made my fifth trip of the week to Delta State. Or was it six? I swam seven times, all at the university over five days. So that is five or six or seven trips, depending on how you define a trip. I decided against a straight swim Friday and thought it prudent to work on some sets. Intuitive. I warmed up with 1,600 meters and then did decided on some 100s. I did 4 X 100 @ 2:00 shooting for low 1:40s. I am not in shape for that kind of swimming yet and was breathing hard after three and very hard after four. Then it was an easy 400 with small paddles. I did this two time through and then added 4 X 50 @ 1:15 with medium paddles. I have not swum with medium paddles this year or even very much last year. In January of 2015, I tweeked a shoulder a bit by overdoing a paddle set. I've been a little gun shy since. In easy to read format, the practice looks like this:

1,600
4 X 100 @ 2:00
400 small paddles 
4 X 100 @ 2:00
400 small paddles
4 X 50 @ 1:15 medium paddles
1,000 easy
total - 4,400 meters.

I went home and shuffled an easy 3.12. 

Later, Penny and I went out to eat at Lo's Fish and Steaks. I ordered the Sweet and Sour Chicken and loved every bite. When we left, we took a drive through the country since it was still daylight. We rode up the hill and down skating Rink Road. Penny had not been on that road in years and was a bit awed by the beauty of the countryside and the homes that dot the landscape. When I did my Great Noxapater Journey Run, it took this route to reduce time on Highway 82. If you read the blog, this is where I picked up the dogs. We noticed when we got to the house where the dogs live that the owners had added a fence. Good for them.

It was a good day, and I enjoyed spending time with my wife. She is a good woman and rarely complains about me being gone training all the time. God bless her.

No comments:

Post a Comment