Monday, March 7, 2016

Weekly Report for 2/29 - 3/6

I did all I could do to swim all I could last week, but I only got in the water two times. I made some gains on last year's totals, but failed to erase my deficit because I had to leave after practice Thursday and the pool was closed Friday. Saturday would have been a good time to go to the pond, but Penny and I made a trip to Jackson to pick up my bicycle which had been there for two weeks. For the past seven days, I

swam - 8,637 meters,
ran 27.24 miles,
lifted weights three times, and
walked 6.91 miles. 

I started something new. In Jackson while Penny shopped, I walked. I was able to get in over four and a half miles in the parking lot. I don't know how many miles she walked indoors, but from now on I will redeem a little time by doing this. 

Another thing I started is a streak. I have never been a streaker, but my running has taken such a dive lately that I am trying different things to get it back on track. At the end of last week, I had run ten days in a row. I think it is helping, but that could just be me getting well and feeling better. I tried to do a test run Monday and I could not even make a quarter of a mile at an eight minute pace. Ouch!! I'll try again today. I hope to stretch the streak on and on and on. In the past, I always took at least one day per week off. In my desperation, however, I decided to do a short run on Sundays instead of being totally off. I still do a lot a resting on the Lord's Day, and with hours and hours in bed, I probably do need some activity.

I am ahead in my run totals over last year by some 190 miles, due to a stress fracture last winter. I am still behind in my swimming totals, and I lost the bench press lead I had. However, I can get the bench press lead back. As far as the swimming goes, I am getting in every stroke I can. The prospects for this week don't look too promising. With DSU on Spring Break, there will be little swimming there. I hope to go to the pond, but life is happening, and I am not sure how much of that I can do. A friend died, and I am preaching his funeral. This always occupies my time and thoughts. Not only that, but we allegedly have an English Department meeting this week. I'm not sure I can work it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment