Monday, December 5, 2022

11/28 - 12/4

The end of a semester is always a difficult time for college teachers for English teachers. That's one reason I try to bust out a big one during Thanksgiving break. During the last two weeks of the semester, I go into survival mode. That includes training. Right now I am giving an exam. I will grade and enter grades and thow fits. But the end is near.

Monday I swam 800 yards. If memory serves me correctly, having to take care of necessary business was what knocked a dent into that practice. After work-- my long day, remember-- I shuffled 3.34 miles.

Tuesday morning Tyler and I met up at the pool. I swam 1,200. He swam more. Then I shuffled 1.98 on the treadmill while I lifted both push and pull that evening. 

By Wednesday morning, I was feeling a little bit like a swimmer again. Thus I went a whole 1,250 yards. On the road, I lasted 2.45 miles. Not big numbers, but numbers nevertheless.

Thursday found me in stride, or in stroke, maybe I should say. I swam a whopping 1,300 before scurrying off to work. After work, I lifted some more and shuffled 1.49 miles.

Friday, I had to wait until after my Social Security appointment to go out for my long run. I did 17.85 miles out Money Road and back then went to the parade with Penny. Yeah, I'm dutiful like that. 

Saturday was big shopping with Penny. I ran 1.05 miles in a parking lot. That may not be much, but it reminded my legs that they are always on call even after and really long run.

For the week, I

  swam 4,149 meters,
  skiergged 6:05 minutes,
  lifted weights two times, and
  ran 28.16 miles

That wasn't too bad for the end of the semester. One more week of getting by and then I will train in a Randy-Beetsdown fashion. Yeah, I'm vengeful like that. Forgive me, Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment