Monday, December 12, 2022

12/5 - 12/11

Week 49 of 2022 was a decent one for training. I finished a semester at school and got a leg up on my marathon training (pun intended). Not only that, but I mowed the back lawn, took some naps, and set up a rendevouz for next week with the terrible trio. 

Monday started with 1,400 in the pool. Then after a long day at work, I shuffled 5.32 miles.

The pool numbers were the same Tuesday although the practice was different. T was there and we hit some hard 50s. On the road, I shuffled 3.3 miles, and at the gym I lifted weights.

I busted out 1,700 yards Wednesday and ran 5.3 miles. On top of all of that, it was leg day at Plate City, and I had no pitty on my spindly chicken sticks.

Thursday morning Tyler and I swam another 1,400 yards but with even more fast 50s than Tuesday. I only shuffled 1.33 miles, however, because of all the stress my skinny calves took the night before.

Friday was an adventure run in the triangle in Carroll County. I shuffled 18.51 miles. Since that is kind of a lot for me, I did nothing else that day and night.

Since I had some sore stuff after my long run, I crossed running off the agenda for Saturday. I did go to the gym and work my full body. We had a Christmas party that night and of course I ate too much. But it was still a pretty solid training block.

For the week, I

  swam 5,390 meters,
  lifted weights three times, and
  ran 33.76 miles

That is not bad. The swimming volume is still too low, but it is easing up, which is the only way I can get it up right now. I really need to start training in the water rather than doing just a little swimming. I have several things on the horizon for this summer that involve a strong swim. There is the State Senior Olympics, the State Games of Mississippi, the Heart O' Dixie Triathuuhlon, and a mystery event that I have yet to unveil to the public. Stay tuned for an announcement on that not long into the new year.

No comments:

Post a Comment