Saturday, December 17, 2022

A Non-typical Friday

Not this time. Not this Friday. I did not do a long run, an adventure run. Why? I am racing Saturday so Friday was part of my taper. What is the race? Grenada is hosting its third annual Winter Classice half marathon. I did it last year and liked the course so I'm going back. It should be good training for me to run thirteen miles at a pace faster than I train.

I did swim Friday for my fifth day in a row, and I did even more than I have any day this week. I stroked

  2,050 40:28
  6 X 25 no breath
  4 X 50 back
  total: 2,400 yards

You might notice that my pace was faster than Thursday. Finally, I feel like I am beginning to come around in the water. You might also have noticed that I have done no quality in the pool this week. It has all been focused on basic fitness and breath control.

After the pool, I rested. Eventually I went to Plate City where I did a little bit of treadmill running and some uppper body weight lifting. That was it on the training front. 

Penny and I then went to Crystal for dinner. I ordered the chicken livers which is my second favorite meal there. I'll get my favorite one Sunday at lunch. 

After that, we rode around and looked at Christmas decorations, but not before we went to Wendy's and ordered a frosty. Yeah, we're bad like that. Then it was time for home and rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment