Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Sometimes Nothing Is a Pretty Big Something

I'm starting to feel more like my shoulder is almost well. I say "almost" because I am not sure it will ever be 100%. But I'll do what I can do. I did what I could do Monday morning. I swam 

  1,100
  2 X 25 no breath
  2 X 50 stiff
  3 X 50 back
  total:1,400 yards

That was an actual practice. An easy on, no doubt, but a practice.

After that, I had a pretty long day at work. Exams. Yeah, always a big party. Will I be public shamed this semester for doing my job? If I get a Missing Grades email (sent to everyone who works for the school) when grades are not yet due, I might

I ran in the dark with my new flashlight. Flashlights are a lot better than they were back in the day. They are, however, still undependable after a few uses. I went 5.32 miles and enjoyed myself. I even ran out Money Road after full darnkness. Not far, but I crossed the bridge into the darkness and went a bit north. There is a feeling that comes with the annonymity of darkness. I love it. 

Not a bad start to a tough week. Just a few more days and then, I am off for a few weeks. I need the time. Rest, training, cats, family, friends, nothing. Yes, sometimes nothing is a pretty big something.

No comments:

Post a Comment