Tuesday, December 27, 2022

How Did She Know?

I was late getting to the pool Monday morning. Usually, I try to wade in about 6:30. This time it was 7:30. Not to worry because that still leaves me about an hour and fifteen minutes before the water aerobic ladies get here. Doesn't it? Right away, I noticed that I was slow. What the heck? I swam over 10,000 last week!?!?! This time, I did 

  1,050
  2 X 25 no breath
  350 for time (6:33) !?!?!?!?!?!?!?
  150 easy
  2 X 25 back
  4 X 50 hard 49, 48, 47, 43
  150 easy

See what I mean? I don't know what was wrong. Maybe it was all the Christmas cooking. About 8:30, the first of the women's water aerobics showed up. I took that as an omen to pee on the fire and call the dogs.

At home, I did the usual: wrote a blog post, drank coffee, hung out with the cats. Then I took a shuffle after lunch. Since I ran so far Saturday, my legs were not fully recovered Monday. I played it by ear and did a slow 4.72 miles. That is pretty good for an easy day.

After that, I began watching the SEC Network. They were playing Saturdays in the South: A History of SEC Football. Although I have seen it all before, it's like one of those old Christmas movies. It doesn't get old. CC curled up in my lap, and I was happy, warm, comfortable. 

So comfortable I was that I considered not lifting. What's the bid deal? I thought. Till the season to be jolly. And lazy. But, I broke the spell, got up, dressed, and went outside. Out there, I only did push which is how I like to break things up. I do more assistance exercises when I split the push and pull into seperate nights. As per lately, I did the seated overhead press in place of the bench. Why? It was just time to mix it up. This time instead of stopping there, I did the seated dip for the first time in many weeks. After some lateral raises, it was time to try out one of my Christmas gifts. Penny gave me a pair of 18 ounce boxing gloves. How the heck did she know? I used them on the heavy bag. Perfect.

It was a good and full day. I swam, ran, lifted, and spent time with Pee Wee and the cats. What about your wife? you ask. She has been sick for the past few. So far, I have remained well. I hope she gets well. She has a week off, but has only ventured off the couch a few times. Sorry, Sweetie.

No comments:

Post a Comment