Monday, July 17, 2023

7/10 - 7/16

I had a pretty good week training, the best one in months. It started Monday with 2,200 in the big pool. It continued with a run out Hades Road and up Hemingway to home for 3.59 miles. It finished with a big session at Plate City with Forrest.

Tuesday was even better. I swam 3,600 in the big pool. While I only ran 1.91 miles, I lifted at the City then met Forrest in downtown Money for at 32.42 mile bicycle ride. Yeah, that's four workouts.

I moved indoors for the swim Wednesday, but 3,300 yards equaled 3,016 meters to make three straight days of good swimming. I shuffled another 2.15 miles and lifted legs with Forrest. We took the safety squat bar outside the fence. I did .14 miles with 75 pounds in addition to 7:05 on the bike erg.

Thursday was a banner day. I hit 3,700 in the little pool, 1.71 on the road, 12:00 minutes on the bike erg, and lifted like I was mad at those weights.

All that good training, however, had me dragging by Friday morning. At the pool, I slogged through 1,800 uninspired yards. On the road, I survived a way too hot 4.02 mile shuffle. 

It was much the same Saturday. I swam 1,500 with no quality at all. I did work legs pretty hard with Paul B, and he discovered the ski erg. I did 1:00 for the first time in weeks on the upper body ski erg. Later, I did another workout for the upper body to give me two gym sessions in one day.

Rarely do I do anything but preach, eat, and nap on Sunday. Forrest, however, wanted to ride, so I met him in downtown Money. He rode 40 miles. I managed to squeeze in 33.5 before tapping out and going home.

For the week, I

  ski ergged 1:00,
  barbell walked .14 of a mile with 75 pounds,
  ran 13.36 miles,
  cycled 65.92 miles,
  bike ergged 19:05, and
  swam 15,259 meters

That's the most cycling I've done this year. That's the most running I've done in months. That's the most bike ergging I've ever done, and that's the most swimming I've done in a few months.

This is Heart O' Dixie race week. I need to train and get fresh at the same time. I'll try to pull it off by the grace of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment