Sunday, July 30, 2023

The Cows Came Home Early

I woke up Saturday morning at 4:50. I  immediately texted Tyler to tell him I was sleeping in. Yeah, sometimes you just know. I just knew. I woke up the next time at 7:30. That wild night with the Pelleys left Penny and me groggy the next day. Heck, staying up to 10:00 p.m. is tough stuff.

Paup B showed up for legs at Plate City at 9:30. We started with the hip ab/adductor, shifted to the squat, then did some singles on the trapbar deadlift. After that, we played some with the leverage squat machine, and then took the wheelbarrow outside the fence. This is a Titan plate loaded contraption made to have fun with. We had fun.

We had a 100 pound plate and two fives on each handle for a total of an added 120 pounds. We went up the street for .06 of a mile, then back and down the street for another the same distance and an added .05 of a mile. That was a lot harder than it seemed like it would be when I first started pushing that thing. I especially felt it in my trapezius muscles. 

Thus we concluded another good leg workout. After that, I rested some, studied, and hung out with CC. About 6:00 p.m. I went out for a run. It's still hot then, but the shadows are way longer, and you can find lots of shade. I usually don't run after leg work, but I have been so short on miles for so long, that I did it anyway. Of course my pace was slow, and it did not feel good. But amazingly, my legs felt better as the run went on. I only did 1.7 miles, but that is a little bit better than a poke in the eye. I think.

Believe it or not, I went back to Plate City after I cooled down from the run. Remember Friday? I missed my lifting that day, so I made it up Saturday night. The session was a bit truncated, but it was a little bit better than a poke in the eye. I think. What do you think? Anyway, I went inside, had supper, and studied some more. 

In case you don't know what a plate loaded wheelbarrow looks like, here is a pic I pulled from Titan's website. You can add a bunch of weight to that thing and push it until the cows come home. They came home early for Paul and me. Next week, I'll get a picture of mine with the big hundo plate on it and post a pic.

No comments:

Post a Comment