Friday, July 21, 2023

One More Set

Thursday morning has come and gone. There was no attempt to rise early. There was no attempt to run. There was attempt to drink lots of coffee. I succeeded. CC loved it. So did I.

I did go to the pool for my last swim before Saturday's race. I swam

  1,200
  6 X 50 @ WIFL
  2 X 25 no breath
  50 easy
  total: 1,600 yards = 1,462 meters

Monday night, I ordered a leverage squat machine from Titan Fitness. They sent an email saying they would notify me when it had shipped. I have done business with them before, and they had always sent the email. Two business days passed, and a third one started with no notification. I was getting a little pissed. Then without warning, Penny came inside from watering flowers and said, "You have two big packages out there."

Yehaa!

Paul B texted right after lunch and asked when we were lifting legs. I responded for him to come on now if he wanted. I got some tools out and started cutting boxes open. To make a short story long, we put that thing together. It was hot out there, 96 with a heat index of 113. Titan doesn't send instructions with their machines. You have to have a punched Man Card to do business with them. Paul saved the day when he looked up an assembly video on his phone and freeze framed and expanded some important parts that we couldn't figure out. We got that thing put together, so you know what we had to do then: use that sucker.

We did three sets and we were both like wilted flowers. The heat had worn us down and out. We were drinking water in front of the big fan when Paul mumbled, "One more set?"

If it had not been so hot, it would have been three more sets. I mumbled back, "Yeah. One more set."

So we did it. We put it together, worked out on it, and now Plate City has reached a new high. It has a brand new leverage squat machine, some more plates, and a mirrow. Now, if I can get the back yard cleaned up. There are boxes and packing styrofoam everywhere. The price of progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment