Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Like a Beered-up Teanager

I got to the pool a little before 6:00 a.m. The first thing I did was move the robots. Then I had to catch that skimmer and pull it out. If you hit that thing while you are swimming, you can be seriously injured. Then I got in the pool and moved out all the rafts, those big floaty things that are all over the pool. Next, I stretched my pecs and shoulders, set my watch, and waded over to my lane. That's when I realized I had forgotten my goggles. 

WHAT!?!?!?!?!

Then I had a conundrum. Was God testing me? The test seemed to be:

   a. take the day off and let the shoulder get better
   b. are you still sorry, no count, and lazy like that

Since there was no c., I chose a. I think I failed the test.

Before lunch, Penny and I drove out Money Road, up Highway 8 to Tippo Road, and up it a piece. We were measuring something for something that is on my mind for something. You might be wondering what that something is. It might have to do with my fundraiser next year, but at this point, I am bound to secrecy. 

I was going to run on the road, but about the time I was putting my running shoes on, we commenced to have what Dad used to call a "gully washer." So I went to the City and ran on the treadmill instead and did bench presses. It was nice out there hearing the rain hit the metal roof. Pee Wee liked it too. He barks at me when I get on the treadmill. What's up with that? Maybe he wants to run, but when the mill moves under his paws, he peels out like a beered up teanager in a muscle car on Friday night. Oh how that similee brings back memories. Some of them good.

No comments:

Post a Comment