Sunday, July 2, 2023

A Good Day

We had a regular Saturday, my wife and I. I think it was our fourth of the year. Fourth!!!! We are half way through the year and we have been home four times with nothing exteraneous added to our schedule. I like regular Saturdays. I met Tyler at the pool at 7:15. We swam

  800
  2 X 50 build
  2 X 150 for time 2:45; 2:46
  100 easy
  200 cooldown
  total: 1,500 long course meters

Alaina was set to come in at 8:00. I hoped she would because I would have then gotten some real volume in. Anyway, it was not to be since she changed her mind.

It was another one of those hot days. I mean really hot. As I sat inside and pondered the gym, I thought of Paul Barrentine. He has been on my mind lately. I sent him a text that Plate City was open. He responded immediately, "Okay, Big Boy. I'm coming over to see what ya got." So Paul came over, and we hit legs like we were competing for a $10,000 prize. We did many sets of squats followed by the trap bar deadlift. I set a new Big ASS world record at 315 on the DL. I missed on the first attempt, but made the second one. Then we did farmer's carries. We didn't go too heavy on those partly because it was so hot. There was no way to do those in front of the fan.

When we finished, we chatted about the people we went to high school with. We talked about people who had died. We talked about people whom we didn't know what happened to. We talked about football. He asked about Charlie Turner and Lynn Watts. I was happy to be able to give him a good update on those guys.

So I had a good day. Thank you, Lord. Now help me to preach at Centerville, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment