Sunday, July 16, 2023

A Pretty Solid Day

Tyler was supposed to meet me at the pool. We didn't set a time, but we agreed to meet. Since we always swim at 6:00 a.m., that's when I showed up. Tyler didn't. A bad cloud hung in the southern sky so I went back inside. The water was still hot. According the Garmin Connect, it averaged 91 degrees during my swim. 

Like Friday morning, I felt more like sleeping than swimming. All I did was

  1,000
  4 X 50 decline
  4 X 25 no breath
  100 medium paddles
  100 easy
  total: 1,500 yards = 1,371 meters

Pitiful. I would have been better off sleeping in and swimming later.

Paul B came to Plate City for a leg workout. We squatted and hip abducted and hip adducted. I had hoped to do some street work, but that bad cloud was back and I didn't want to deal with it. 

In the late afternoon, I mowed the front yard and then did another Plate City workout. Pulling was due, so I did a truncated version of that. I did the reverse fly and chins. Added to that were some light curls for very high reps and some neck work. 

All in all, it was a pretty solid day: one swim and two gym workouts. I did no running because to run on top of a full squat regime is suicide to the legs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment