Friday, July 28, 2023

Heavy on the Back

I didn't get up and go to the pool Thursday morning. Instead, I met Forrest in downtown Money for a bicycle ride. Even at the early hour of 6:30 a.m., the sweat was pouring off me like I had been in a swimming pool in nothing flat. We first cycled out Coleman Road where the corn and soybeans were being irrigated, no doubt adding to the already high humidity. After Coleman Road, we made our way to the end of Money Road and then came back to Six-Mile Road. After that, we rode back to Money and then out and back on Coleman Road one more time.

Forty. I got forty miles, my longest ride of the year, stressing my butt, back, neck, and legs. Remember what Paul B and I did yesterday. Yeah, that. My legs were done.

After some napping, I went to the little pool in the early afternoon. I didn't have much fire in the belly, nevertheless, I swam

  1,100 21:51
  4 X 25 no breath
  3 X 50 back
  100 small paddles
  50 back
  200 medium paddles
  50 back
  50 large paddles
  50 back
  50 extra-large paddles
  500 25/25 free/back
  total: 2,400 yards = 2,193 meters

I guess you can see, that was heavy on the back. Why? Why not? I will be swimming it next spring in competition. Now that the Senior Olympics allows us to swim as many events as we want, I think I will probably add the 200 back. Currently, I am swimming the 50 and 100 back. The 200 will require some endurance at that stroke.

Yes, I did some more resting before going to Plate City. Out there, I hung out with Pee Wee and did my push workout. I hit it hard. Although it was very hot, the big fan kept me from heat stroking. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment