Friday, July 30, 2021

The Quest for 25,000 Meters

The quest towards 25,000 meters continues. Oh, I didn't tell you? Well now you know. My goal for the week, one of them, is to train 25,000 meters or more in the pool water. Yesterday I knocked off another 4,800 bringing me to 18,925 for the last week of July. Why not 5,000? OK, I got lazy. Shoot me. I did a straight swim, and I made my mind up to swim until the Ladies Aerobics finished. When they finished, my push got out of the pool with them so I stopped too.

No, I did not run. This killer heat is still with us. I usually do not let the heat stop me, but starting with Tuesday, the weather here has been truly dangerous. For several days we have had dew points north of 75 degrees. How does 98 degree air temp and a 78 dew point sound? You can actually die in that.

Yes, I went to the gym at 5:30. I would have waited until later, but you know, the Olympics are on and I wanted to watch the prime time coverage. I am still on that new bench press program, and it seems to be working. This one has the heavy/light day. remember? Thursday was my third week of 5/10/10/as many reps as possible at 110 pounds. Last week I got 17 reps on the last set. This week, I did 18. When I make 20 reps on the fourth set, I raise the weight. The whole bench workout looked like this:

   12 X 45
     6 X 65
    1X 100
   5 X 110
 10 X 110
 10 X 110
 18 X 110
 Incline dumbbell 8 X 30

Then I did lateral raises, overhead presses, and seated dips. Of course I finished off with the New Swim Machine (NSM) for 1:31.

So swim training for the Heart O' Dixie continues. Fifty-one weeks and a few days to go. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment