Monday, October 4, 2021

HOD 10 (Rough Side of the Mountain)

At least I got back into the water. I did not swim a lot, but I swam. Monday, I stroked an easy 1,100 yards and lifted weights. Tuesday, I tried to build on that, but was only able to do 650 yards before I tapped out. It was the biceps tendon that was a little tender. I lifted weights again.

Wednesday we had the Greenwood Center 5K. I ran a hard 3.04 miles. I performed pitifully, but it woke me up and frightened me. MPR told me that she was going to get in shape and beat me. That had me thinking and running for the rest of the week.

Thursday I was back in the pool for 1,200 yards. I shuffled 2.6 miles. Friday I swam 1,250 yards and ran 8.28 miles. That should put some endurance back into the legs. Saturday, I swam 1,300 yards. Do you see a pattern here? On the road, I did 2.54 miles and in the gym I did both push and pull. 

For the week, I

lifted weights three times,
swam 5.025 meters, and 
ran 16.46 miles.

That is the most I have run in a couple of months or more. The MPR threat has me worried. Praise God. I hit the bottom after falling off the cliff, and now I am climbing back up the mountain. As the old Early Wright song used to say, "I climbing up the rough side of the mountain/I'm doing my best to make it in."

No comments:

Post a Comment