Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Powerful Forces

Monday used to be my easy day at work, but powerful forces are at work to make sure that it does not stay that way. i got off work at 4:00 and rushed to the pool where John was still twenty minutes late, and I swam

1,800 34:30
brick kick
50 easy :55
total: 1,850 yards.

Back home I grabbed my stuff and headed to Money Road. I should not admit this, because if those powerful forces find out, I will not have time next week. Yes, I have to work late next Monday also. I had time to drive to Money Road and do my run and get back to my truck about dark. Why drive out there? Because it is my interval running day, and I like being able to run unhindered by sidewalks and traffic and kids on bicycles and all that other stuff. I did 5.41 miles of quality running.

When I got home, I was undecided if I was going to Plate City in the dark. When Penny told me that Pee Wee was waiting on me, I decided that I could not let my partner down. I kept the workout to the latest reduction of only bench presses. I pushed

  15 X 45
  10 X 67
  10 X 100
  8 X 110
  7 X 120
  6 X 130
  4 X 140

So I got my three workouts done. Next week, I know I will have to work way past 4:00 so I will be in mortal danger on Money Road and will have to stay up late to get my three done.

Sigh.

Still I write. Still I strive. Still I get it done. Still powerful forces do not like that. Too bad. Take that, powerful forces, and thank you Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment