Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Nice Forget

Tuesday I did a good thing. I think. I didn't think. I didn't remember that I am only swimming on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and sometimes Saturday. I did that one time when I quit running about forty-five times. I tried to quit because the emotional pain became more than I could deal with. I had Achilles tendon problems for four years. FOUR YEARS!!!! I would vow to quit forever, go home from work, and put on my running shoes and head out the door, then remember that I had quit. One day, I started shuffling and didn't stop. After four years of pain and tears and forgetfulness, God gave it back to me.

Tuesday afternoon, after another long day at work, I realized it was not my swim day while I was stretching my pecs in the pool. Nice forget. I only did 

  1,100
  brick kick
  50 easy
  total: 1,150 yards.

But it felt good and it felt right to be so habituated as to forget. Not a problem.

It was short day for the road. Last week I did 2.51 miles. I wanted to beat that so I ran 2.52 miles. No joke.

Yes, it was dark when I went to Plate City. Well, almost dark. It was dark before I left. Again, I took it easy and hit the chest-supported row machine for

  21 X 40
  13 X 65
  12 X 70
  10 X 75
  8 X 80 

That 8 X 80 is a PR on that exercise. And I did other stuff to. A little. Yee haa. If you are counting, that makes three workouts per day for two days in a row. That used to not be a big deal, but certain powerful forces are trying to prevent me from training like that. I did it anyway. Take that, powerful forces. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment