Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Typical Tuesday

Tuesday is one of my long days at work so since my shoulder is still a bit gimpy, I am swimming only on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday right now. I got home late from work and went out for a short shuffle. I did 2.51 slow miles and then tapped out on the running. By the way, this was day number nine on my streak. We are supposed to do a 5K at work tomorrow today. Last time, I was fresh. This time, not so much. But still I hope to perform much better and stay ahead of Mary Peyton Rogers. I have been training and even lost a tiny amount of weight.

I ate a few peanuts, petted some cats, and rested a while after the run. Then I went where? Yeah, Plate City Gym, the best backyard gym in America, heck, in the world. It was pull night, and on the chest supported row I did 

  21 X 40
  16 X 50
  15 X 55
  12 X 60

Last week, I was wondering why I was so week on that move. Those were the numbers I wrote in my training diary. Or at least those are the weight numbers I put down. My reps were way off. Then I realized that on my second set I did not put on a ten but a twenty five last week. What!?!?!?!? Yeah, I'm smart like that.

So that was it. Two workouts, and I am still in the game. My weight this morning was 2.8 pounds under what it was when we did the last MDCC 5K. Maybe that will make up the difference with the unfresh legs. Thank you, Jesus, for good health and for losing 2.8 pounds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment