Monday, October 25, 2021

HOD 13

I had a big week on the roads, a big one in the gym, but a small one in the pool. Monday I ran 5.41 miles multi-paced, swam 1,850 yards, and lifted weights. Good training, yeah.

Tuesday I shuffled a mere 2.52 miles. I even forgot that I do not swim on Tuesday and went to the pool and hit 1,150 yards. Also, I hit the gym for some heavy pulling.

Wednesday is my day to swim so I did 1,900 yards, rans a total of 4.11 miles, and did not lift weights because I am lazy like that. 

Thursday, I ran 2.04 miles and lifted weights while Friday I hit the road for an 11.4 mile run and the gym for some more fun.

Saturday, I shoe scooted out the gravel road for 2.01 miles and did some real leg work at Plate City. Sunday, besides preaching and napping, Penny and I went to Forrest's play at Davis Elementary (Crimes of the Heart), and I shuffled 1.24 miles. Yeah, that was really short. I rest on the Lord's Day. So the streak now is at 21 days.

For the week, I

  swam 4,477 meters,
  lifted weights five times, and
  ran 28.73 miles.

In addition to all of that, I chatted with Penny about my next dream. I am not yet ready to reveal it here, but I am thinking of something really big for 2023. For the Diabetes Foundation of Mississippi fundraiser for 2022, I have created a new sport, which I have not yet revealed. For 2023, the Lord has hatched a new, bigger dream in me. Penny should be retired then and can crew me if she will. When I told her, she said, "Is that all you do, sit around and think up these things?" Then she added, "You better start training now."

I have. Thank you, Jesus, for dreams and schemes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment