Monday, October 11, 2021

HOD 11

Monday I did it all. I ran 5.18 multi-paced miles. Then I went to the pool and swam 1,350 yards. Back home, I hit Plate City like it was my job. I benched but cut the accessory work out. Tuesday, I ran an easy 2.24 miles plus pulling at Plate City.

Wednesday I was back to all three. Remember Monday and Wednesday are my short days so I have more time. I shuffled 3.2 miles, swam 1,400 yards, and . . . and -- awe shucks. I did not lift. I mowed the front lawn. Staige Roberts fixed my lawn mower, and the yard really needed it. But we are getting close to the end of the mowing season and that will give me a little more time and energy.

Thursday, I shuffled 2.47 miles and hit the gym for more bench pressing. I have cut the weight and the sets while my right arm grows back on. It didn't fall all the way off like it did before. It was hanging on by a flap of skin so I took measures to keep things from getting worse. I duct taped it back on and started taking it a little bit easier.

Friday was a big run day. I did 9.42 miles with some multi-pacing. Then I went to the pool for 1,500 yards of swimming. I wanted the gym, but I ran out of time.

Saturday, Penny and I went to the festival at French Camp. When we got home, I shuffled 1.43 miles and then went to Plate City. I did a bunch of stuff but for the first time in months, I performed Farmers' Walks. My yard in my Farmers' Walk lane has been wet for months due to a neighbor's plumbing issues. That has finally been rectified and there are currently no wasps residing in the handles so I had some fun. I worked up to 116 pounds per hand for 2 X 50 feet. That is 232 pounds total for a little, old man as my wife likes to call me. I can go higher, but that was my first time with that exercise in a while. I like that one a lot. It works everything including the cardio. My trapezius muscles were sore the next day.

Sunday I shuffled 1.46 miles. What!?!?!? Yeah, for some unknown reason, I have decided to start a streak. I have never been much of a streaker. If memory servers me correctly, my all-time record is sixteen days. Sunday made seven, seven days. So I will be interested to see how recovered I am today. The leg work I did Saturday was the first in weeks, and the Sunday run was the first in years.

For the week, I

  swam 3,937 meters,
  ran 25.5 miles, and
  lifted weights four times.

The 25.5 was my first twenty-mile week in seventeen. Yeah, seventeen. I was pushing the swim until I couldn't anymore. Now I am pushing the run and even dreaming of a winter marathon. Huh? Just a dream, but dreams have a way of becoming reality. We will see. I do like the idea of running a full, official marathon at the age of 65 plus. What do you think? It's a goal, something to keep me busy. Thank you, Jesus, for good stuff to dream about and do.

No comments:

Post a Comment