Saturday, October 23, 2021

Only One Day

I didn't post yesterday. Instead, I drank coffee and hit the road early. But first, there was Thursday. I ran 2.04 miles and then lifted weights. Remember I teach a class on Thursday night so I have only been getting in two workouts at best.

Back to Friday. I went out for a long, multi-paced run. I did 11.4 miles with some pickups in there, which exacerbates the fatigue. In short, my endurance is coming back, and I am starting to dream so crazy stuff again. I already have a crazy plan for my DFM fundraiser next summer, Likely to be completed on my birthday, June 2. I will be 66 years old.

I have other challenges running through my head like the action of an awesome movie I just watched that won't leave my brain. I have enough thoughts to take me into my 70s. Some involve running alone. Some involve running and a bicycle. Some involve running, a bicycle, and a pool or pond. Some even involve a gym.

I did lift Friday but I did not make it to the pool. Penny got off early, and we went to the Yazoo County Fair. Kathryn Ledbetter gave me the heads up on it so I asked Penny if she wanted to go. We rode the Farris Wheel, and I was frightened. We ate food like we were deprived. I had two hamburgers, Penny had a giant corndog and a hamburger, we had a funnel cake, and I bought two boxes of popcorn. It was all good, yeah.

So now I sit here, peck on this computer, and plan the next twelve hours. Who plays college football today? How far will I run? Will I swim? Will I lift? Am I prepared for tomorrow? Will I go to Monroe and move some stuff? How much attention do the cats need? Pee Wee, how much petting does he have to have? Saturday is only one day. Thank you, Jesus, that I get to live it.

No comments:

Post a Comment