Monday, June 24, 2019

6/17 - 6/23

I have good news and bad news. The bad news is that the fitness plane I was piloting crashed last week. Not a crash landing, but it went down nose first and burst into flames. The good news is I am still alive. Thank you, Lord.

Monday was one of those big training days. I git the pool for 3,500 yards swum thusly:

1,500 30:17 (2:00!!!!!)
6 X 50 @ 1:12
700 13:20 (1:54)
7 X 75 @ 1:35
700 13:01 (1:51)
total: 3,500 yards = 3,199 meters.

In the afternoon, I shuffled 8.7 miles in a pace so slow that I re-earned my old nickname of Calendar Boy. That is what my junior high track coach used to call me. He said if I ran any slower, they were going to have to time me with the calendar. 

Penny and I went to Over 60s and chowed down on some good Larry's fish while enjoying some excellent live music and even better fellowship with Harry and Linda Adams and others. It was a nice and full day. It didn't stay that way, however. About 12:00 a.m. I awoke to, well you have already read all about that last week. I could not train Tuesday or Wednesday or Thursday or Friday. Well, I did do some very light lifting Wednesday afternoon.

Saturday, I went back to Twin Rivers and swam 2,400 straight in the big pool. Later in the afternoon, I shuffled 3.41 miles, and later still I went to Plate City and busted out a pretty big session hitting the entire upper body. On the bench I pressed

13 X 95
6 X 115
5 X 125
5 X 130
5 X 135

I also supersetted pull ups with the Swim Pull.

For the week, I 

lifted weights two times,
ran 12.11 miles, and
swam 5,599 meters.

That is a huge drop off, but I am not sweating it. First, it could not be helped. Second, the body needs a drop down week every now and then. Sometimes I add them into the programming. Often I just let life do it. Illness, or some type of monkey wrench thrown into the schedule usually takes care of that on its own.

Thank you, Jesus, for restoring my health, and giving us good church Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment