Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Massive Monday

I hit the pool early. It was supposed to rain, and had some when I got there a little after 7:00 a.m. so I went indoors to prevent being run out of the big pool half way through a practice. John was a no show. He has been ill of late. I swam

1,500 30:17 (2:00)
6 X 50 @ 1:12
700 13:20 (1:54)
4 X 75 @ 1:35
700 13:01 (1:51)
total: 3,500 yards = 3,199 meters

Notice how slow the swim was. I almost never average 2:00 per 100 on short course. As I warmed up, I swam a little faster, but still I wondered what was wrong.

Donny Cleveland of Leflore Steele contacted me about the time I finished the practice. He said to come by after lunch and my stuff should be ready. Yee haa! The stuff was a welded barbell, 75 pounds, and a specialty bar. I don't even know what they call those things, but I wanted one and showed Donny a picture. "We can build that," he told me with confidence. When I picked the equipment up, I was as happy as a dead pig in the sunshine. I'll post some pics and maybe a video later.

I wanted to play with the new toys right away, but Monday is long run day right now so I put on my running shoes and hit the road. I went out Money Road for 8.7 miles. The pace was pathetically slow, but the weather was unusually cool. Thank you, Lord. We had Over 60s that night and I just had time to get a bath and dress for that. No time for the toys.

Monday was a good day. Over 60s was nice as it always is. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment