Thursday, June 6, 2019

Wednesday

Recovery continues as I slowly ease back into my normal routine. I did a three-workout day Wednesday, but it was three short ones. First, I was supposed to meet John at the pool at 8:00 a.m. He was fourteen minutes late which is almost early for him. I swam 1,700 straight and then did 200 kick with fins.

Back home, I lounged on the couch and took a nap. After lunch I took another nap and then headed out for a shuffle. I went 5.02 miles at another miserable pace. The weather had clouded over, the temp was 83, and the breeze made running on Wade Road almost comfortable. It was nice.

I felt pretty tired then, but I went to Plate City and did a little bit of lifting. I didn't do much; I worked the upper back to balance yesterday's chest work. Then that night, I had my swimmers whom I am working with and still raising a few coins for the DFM. They are getting better each week, and I am enjoying the process.

I slept in this morning. If John had been here, he would have wanted to meet at 7:30. He said at the pool yesterday that, "We need to get here earlier."

I responded, "What do you mean we?"

He didn't seem to get it.

He is out of pocket to day. I will swim later and try to lift a little. That's the plan if I don't rest all day. Tomorrow we are supposed to meet at 7:30. He won't be there until ten minutes 'til eight. 

It was a nice Wednesday. 

Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment