Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Monday

I like to think that I'm back to training, real training for a real event. I haven't, however, entered into that beast mode so to speak. John was on time Monday morning at the pool. That makes two days in a row, Saturday of last week and Monday of this week. Wow. He is messing up my funeral sermon on him. I swam

1,600 33:42 (2:13)
4 X 200 @ 4:30
  3:47 (1:53)
  3:44 (1:51)
  3:42 (1:50)
  3:39 (1:49)
200 small paddles
total: 2,600 long course meters

The 200s felt good and 4:30 was the perfect interval for them. That gave me just enough time to get my breath back before starting the next rep. I need to add to the reps and work the rest interval down on those to get myself ready for the HOD. Right now I am feeling like I really can't swim fast, like my arms just won't move quickly and my mind won't demand it. I guess I'll get through it. The 200s felt like a little push but not fast. We'll see what the rest of the week brings.

The weather here was pretty cool here for mid-June. I ran about 3:30 p.m. and the temp was 84 with a north wind. I went straight out Money Road and back for a total of 8.46 miles. There is no shade out there and it was OK. I was shuffling like an old man running in vain from a dangerous dog. But I was out there doing it. One day my pace will come back, I pray. Thank you, Jesus, that I can run at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment