Monday, June 10, 2019

6/3 - 6/9

Recovery week went well. It started, Monday, with a 1,500 meter swim and a 7.76 mile run. Tuesday I did 1,096 meters and some weight lifting. Wednesday I stroked 1,700 meters, ran 5.02, and lifted some weights.

Thursday was the first day I did any quality swimming and not much then. I hit some 50s at about 80% effort with lots of rest and only 1,826 meters of volume. In addition to that, I also lifted a little and spent 21:00 minutes on the bike trainer.

Friday, I swam 2,600 meters with some quality 100s. I ran 2.54 miles and lifted weights again. Saturday I did all three with a 3,000 meter swim, and bike trainer/squat session, and an upper body weight workout.
For the week, I

swam 11,724 meters,
lifted weights five times,
pedaled 54:30 on the bicycle trainer, and
ran 15.32 miles.

That's a pretty solid week. The swim was light, but that was programmed. This week, I will start pushing the swim volume back up and also try to hit some higher intensities in the pool. I need more time on the trainer, and only a few tenths of a mile more of running. Thank you, Jesus, for a solid week of training and a great Sunday at Centerville.

No comments:

Post a Comment