Sunday, June 16, 2019

Saturday

I slept so well Friday night that I didn't know what day it was when I arose Saturday. I was thinking it was Sunday. I took that to mean I slept well. I felt like I did. I have taken naps when I woke up and didn't know what day it was. Penny and I both snoozed in later than usual and started the day slower than normal. In the later part of the morning, I went to Twin Rivers and swam the little pool since there were a few kids in the big one. I did

1,200 21:45 (1:48)
10 X 100 @ 2:05
  1:29
  1:29
  1:27
  1:28
  1:28
  1:27
  1:27
  1:27
  1:26
  1:27
200 small paddles
5 X 50 @ 1:06 with medium paddles
200 small paddles
total: 2,850 yards = 2,604 meters

That was a good swim. I got work but not an over amount of fatigue. After lunch, I put in 41:00 minutes on the bike trainer and then did my first transition run of the day. I shuffled 1.87 miles. Yes, Friday I did 10:00 on the trainer and then ran. But that is not enough on the bicycle to be called a transition run.

Late in the afternoon, I mowed the back lawn and worked out at Plate City. I did a bunch of stuff including the flat bench press where I pushed

12 X 95
10 X 100
10 X 105
10 X 110

dumbbell incline bench presses

10 X 35
11 X 35

I did some pullups and some Swim Pulls. I changed the weights out on the Swim Pull. I was always adding up the weight and was rarely sure I got it right because I had so many small plates of odd denominations. I had three pounders and a 4.4 pounder, and two tens that were of different diameters and I was always second guessing my addition. I happened to notice that I had an odd number of 25 pound plates, so I swapped out the two mismatched tens and two odd shaped 2.5s for a single 25. Now it is easy to count the weight. I promise, that will fire me up for weeks to work harder on that machine. That is the main reason I like to make changes to the gym. Every time I do, it gives me a motivational boost for weeks to come.

So it was another three-workout day. Nice. Heart O Dixie, I am getting ready for you. Thank you, Jesus, for a nice day of training and hanging out with the dogs, the wife, and CC. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment