Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Wuge

Monday was wuge. What is that? you ask. Wuge is huge plus wow. A lot of things are huge but don't have the wow factor. For my first day of full training since being sick, I did enough volume for huge and enough intensity for the wow factor resulting in a wuge training day.

Wuge started with meeting John at the little pool. Since it was raining (we love to swim in the rain, but lifeguards can order you out of the pool), we went indoors. I swam

1,200 23:26 (1:56)
4 X 50 decline 1 - 4
  50
  45
  44
  42
200 for time 2:58
400 small paddles
150 for time 2:14
350 medium paddles
125 for time 1:51
325 swim
100 for time 1:28
250 small paddles
total: 3,300 yards = 3.016 meters.

That's a pretty good start right there; I don't care who you are. 

Around noon, I went out for workout number two, a run out Money Road. Saturday was brutally hot, but overall, this has been the coolest summer I can ever remember. The heat peaked at 84. Image being able to do long runs at noon on Money Road in late June where there is no shade. I have been doing it all summer. I went for 8.82 with some multi-pacing thrown in. For my fitness level, that was wuge.

Workout number three was a Plate City special of seated rows, pull ups, and Swim Pull. I wanted to do bench presses, but I am waiting on my specialty bar, to get it back from Leflore Steel. Maybe Tuesday.

Three strong workouts in one summer day is wuge for an old man like me. On top of all that, the weight is continuing to creep downward. I hit 166 last week, about ten pounds short of my goal and twenty pounds down from my fattest. I could tell it a little bit on the run. Although it was still embarrassingly slow, it was a bit quicker than it has been since I resumed my shuffling. Also I am getting stronger on the pull ups. For the first time ever, I added some weight. I tied a five-pound plate to my waist for one rep and a seven-and-a-half-pound plate for one rep. Yeehaa.

Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment