Saturday, June 29, 2019

Wampy

Wimpy plus an A effort on one of my workouts, in case you're wondering. Friday usually offers me time for three workouts. I only got two. One, my swim, was less than stellar. John and I went to the little pool because it was thundering when we showed up and 7:15 a.m. I swam

2,000 38:42 (1:56)
5 X 100 @ 2:05
  1:30
  1:28
  1:29
  1:30
  1:31
300 small paddles
total: 3,000 = 2,742 meters

Not a bad practice, that, but far from top notch. Notice the 100s were barely getting 1:30. That is a pretty strong sign that I was a bit off.

I ran in the early afternoon. It was as cool as it has been all summer, 74 when I left the house a tad after 2:00 p.m. I intended to hit a touch over the 5.21 miles I did last week, but I felt pretty good and did some zigging and zagging before I crossed the Tallahatchie Road Bridge. Instead of doing an out-and-back on Wade Road, I took the gravel road that leads back to Money Road at the radio station almost a mile and a half from the bridge. At 3.25 miles, I lapped my watch and picked up the pace for the next 1.08 miles which put me on the paved big road headed back to town. My pace for the pick up was 10:21. That is not fast, but for me right now that represents a tempo run.

That was it. I wanted to lift some weights, but we closed on Mom's house at 4:30. I'll probably write about that later. It was a weird feeling for me.

Thank you, Jesus, for helping us sell the house and for giving me a wampy workout day.

No comments:

Post a Comment