Sunday, June 9, 2019

Saturday Triple

Penny was out of pocket, Saturday, which left me feeling a little more free to train. John wanted to meet at 7:30. I don't like to get up at work time on the weekend, but guess who always accommodates whom? He was on time. Yes, you read that correctly. John was on time for the fourth time in about 450 get togethers. I swam

1,500 33:24 (2:13)
4 X 150 @ 3:55
  2:47
  2:28
  2:42
  2:43
300 easy
4 X 100 @ 2:15
  1:46
  1:48
  1:47
  1:49
200 small paddles
total: 3,000 meters

A couple of notes. That was my longest swim since Chicot. It was also the most quality since Chicot. From here on, the training is geared towards the Heart O' Dixie's half mile swim. For that, I need more speed, a better arm turnover, and a higher VO2 max.

Workout two took place when I forced myself into the old study to do a trainer ride. I went for 33:30 and then did three sets of squats. That hit my legs, but they didn't feel blown out. I should recover and be able to go long Monday.

My third workout happened when I went to Plate City about 5:30 p.m. I did shoulders, shrugs, Swim Pulls, pull ups, and rotator cuff work. 

In short, I hit another triple. Working out three times a day is great for weight control and for total fitness. Thank you, Lord. It was nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment