Monday, July 19, 2021

7/12 - 7/18

A clear pattern has developed: I am swimming hard, swimming long, and swimming often. I am running little, running slow, and running out of desire. All of this despite my intention to run much. You know what they say about the road to hell, right? It is paved with good intentions. Is it my age? After busting out a big pool practice, do I not have the energy to run long also? Is it my lack of resolve? Do I intend mildly? Is it the fact that despite people over and over praising me for my discipline, I really have little of that necessary quality? I think it is the latter. It is the latter. 

Monday I went to the Twin Rivers in the afternoon. Thunder and lightening kept me indoors until after lunch. In the short course pool, I swam 6,050 yards or 5,529 meters. I did shuffle 3.11 miles, and lift weights.

Tuesday, I swam 4,600 in the long course pool. The I ran a week's high 4.37 miles. I also lifted big iron in my nice backyard gym. Wednesday I swam 4,500 meters, and tipped around the neighborhood for 1.38 miles. I lifted to complete another three-workout day.

By Thursday the accumulated fatigue was setting in. Still, I managed to swim 4,400 and lift some weights. Running? I just could not get back out the door for that. Friday was the same with the running. I swam 4,000 meters and lifted heavy and long, but that was all my will could muster from my tired body.

Saturday I went to the little pool for a short 1,200-yard swim. I had intended to do more, but I just wimped out. Later in the day, I lifted again, but running would not even break into my mind.

For the week, I

lifted weights six times,

ran 8.86 miles, and 

swam 24,125 meters.

That is good swim training right there. Not only that, but it is good weight training also. Running? Well, not so much. Where is the bicycle, you say? Hanging quietly in the storage room. Bikes, Blues[,] & Bayous is coming up shortly, and I have been on my bicycle exactly four times in the whole year. Did someone say I have a lot of discipline?

Thank you, Jesus, for helping me get the training done that I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment