Tuesday, July 27, 2021

7/19 - 7/25

This was a taper week for the Heart O' Dixie Triathlon. Monday, I swam a pretty decent amount of volume with some quality. It was still a step back from what I normally do. I stroked 3,200 and did some upper body weight lifting. Tuesday, I cut the volume a little more and did 2,450 meters with a touch of quality. I also ran and did some more weight lifting.

Wednesday, I swam in the little pool for 2,000 yards. I also did some light running but no lifting at all Thursday I swam even less, 1,300 meters. I ran a little, 1.54 miles but I durst not touch a weight. Friday I did nothing but sleep in, and pack for our trip. Saturday, I only swam the HOD course for 800 meters. When we got home, I lifted weights and hit the whole body.

For the week, I 

ran - 10.63 miles,

lifted weights - three times,

swam - 9,578 meters. 

All in all, it was a good week. My swim at the HOD was a good one. I did the course in 13:36 which was one of the best of the day. This was good for my mind. I had been wondering if I was past peak, past prime. I am 65 years old. My best running days are behind me. My best cycling days are behind me. I am about as strong on the weights as I have ever been, and I am still swimming well. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment