Saturday, July 3, 2021

Breakfast on the Hill

Danny Collins and I did breakfast at Acy's. We do that from time to time just to catch up, to keep up an old friendship. I had told him that I would pick him up at 7:29, but when I drove up and saw that his wife's car was gone, I feared he would be late without her there to wake him and see that he got ready. I, however, underestimated him. He was on time and we pulled out of his drive at 7:29. 

If you have never had breakfast at Acy's, drive however far it is and do it. Anita, if you and Tim have never eaten there, drive the 1,700 miles and eat breakfast. Drive back home, then drive back the next day for lunch. I am not kidding. They do the best short order cooking in the area, in any area that I have been in. Their Po Boy is the best around here, better than the Crystal Grill's. Don't believe it? Give it a try. Eat one at Crystal and then go to Acy's with a full stomach and eat theirs. You will see, taste, and feel the difference. And their hamburgers. Do it if you want to gain some weight.

Breakfast on the hill meant that my morning swim was out. I did do a short run before lunch. After lunch I went to the little pool. I only swam

1,350 23:08
200 back 4:40 
100 large paddles
total: 1,650 yards = 1,508 meters.

That was not much, but it was 1,509 meters more than I did last Friday so I count that as a win. A couple of thousand today and I will hit my fourth straight 20,000 meter week.

I had planned to lift, but I was feeling tired and took a nap instead. Then Penny and I went to Hilltop for supper. We had steaks and they were good, yeah.

Thank you, Jesus, for a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment