Monday, August 14, 2017

8/7 - 8/13

I actually call this one a training week. It still wasn't much compared to weeks of bygone days, but I am sure what I did will advance my fitness a little. One of the things that has been circling around in my mind is some long walks and mountain bike rides this fall and winter. If I can't run, at least I can walk and if I train and dedicate a full day to walking, I could probably hike a marathon or more one Friday or three. Plus with the new leg press machine, I am really juiced up about lower body lifting. Maybe I can set up the trainer in the back yard and do some monster leg stuff.

Monday I hopped on the trainer for 43:00 minutes and walked one mile on the treadmill. Tuesday I walked 6.47 miles, and Wednesday I slowed it down to 1.23 miles of walking.

Thursday I was in the pool for the first time in many weeks. I slowly stroked 500 meters a paltry 50 meters at a time. I would have been embarrassed had anyone been there but thankfully no one was since I went in before work and all the pool help are high school students who have started back to class. After work, I did some leg work at Plate City Gym.

Friday I was back at the pool before work for 700 meters. Later, I snuk in 1.3 miles of walking.

Saturday was such a big day that I wrote a whole post on it already. I did 6.51 miles of walking with just a little bit of shuffling embedded in the stroll. I also did some major leg work with the new leg press as well as going back to the pool for a whopping 1,200 meters.

For the week, I lifted weights two times, walked 20.59 miles, cycled 43:00 minutes on the trainer, and swam 1,200 meters. Now let the training begin. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment