Thursday, August 24, 2017

Rant

Big rant. 

Usually I am just the mildest, meekest sort of fellow. I rarely become angry and when I do it is usually at inanimate objects. Yeah, I know how much sense that makes. This morning, however, was different. I became angry. I got pissed. I was ready to assault someone.

Don't drive in the left lane. Don't drive in the left lane. Don't drive in the left lane. Did I mention not to drive in the left lane? Really, don't do it.

The right lane is for driving in and the left one is for passing. If you follow that simple rule, the world will be a much kinder and gentler place.

This morning, on my commute to Moorhead, some jack face filled the left lane from the time I got onto Highway 82 in Greenwood until past Itta Bena. Unfortunately, that is not unusual. People going from Greenwood to Itta Bena routinely do this. It can be frustrating. It can be infuriating. It does cause tension and wild driving to ensue as people trying to get to work weave in and out of traffic and constantly change lanes looking for a way, an escape, a way around.

What made this morning's experience so bad was that an 18-wheeler was the offender. Normally, these are the ones who know about these things and avoid making this driving/social blunder. Since 18-wheelers filled both lanes, the numerous stop lights on that part of the road combined with the heavy traffic that is a constant that time of the morning conspired to create a real back up. Tensions quickly rose. People were getting pretty crazy out there. I was convinced I was about to witness some bad wrecks to go along with the tough and reckless driving that unfolded before me.

Unlike my normal self, instead of praying and praising a God like I usually do on my drive to work, I found myself fantasizing about rocket launchers and machine guns mounted under the headlights of my truck. In my mind, I pulled the trigger and pushed the buttons to blow cars and people to Hades and back. Not only that, but once the traffic did start to open up, the hormones coursing through my body continued to fuel thoughts of destruction and death. I imaginarily machine gunned every car I saw all the way to the parking lot behind the library at MDCC. Not good.

Now I am trying to write away and pray away all those bad feelings. God forgive me, and to you drivers out there, stay out of the left lane except to pass. I mean it. Stay out of the left lane or get machine gunned to death.

No comments:

Post a Comment