Friday, August 25, 2017

Thursday

It was a busy day. First I had a rough drive to work. Then I taught three classes of English Composition I. After that, while eating lunch, I received a text from my sister that I needed to bust it home and help get Mom to the hospital. My boss graciously allowed me to leave so I found a high gear and went back to town just in time to see the ambulance pulling away from West Harding Street. 

I followed them to the GLH where I went inside and found Shirley, one of our sitters, there already and getting the paperwork done for Mom's admittance. My sister has found and hired some good help who make it possible for Mom to be well-cared for and for us to have a life at the same time. They don't do it all, but we have help.

Carol relieved me about 2:00 o'clock. I went home and after a bit Carol texted me that I could go swimming if I wanted to. Yahtzee. So I went to Twin Rivers for my fourth swim of the week. I didn't do any sets, but I just started swimming and kept on until I hit 2,500. I thought that was enough for one day. In fact, that is the most I have swum on the comeback. It felt good almost like I was a real swimmer again. But when I looked at my watch afterwards, the pace was 2:13 per 100. Oh well.

So today is Friday and my shoulder is feeling a little more gimpy than in the recent past. I had no bad sensations in the pool. Did I over swim? Should I swim today? Am I stretching too much? I wish I could get beyond all these guesses, questions, and doubts and go back to swimming as much as time and energy allows. One day. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment