Monday, February 18, 2019

2/11 - 2/17

It was another week of low numbers and that always means one number goes up: my weight. The pool was supposed to be ready Monday. It was not. I did get up early and shuffle, however, as well as have a nice lifting session at Plate City. On the road, I did 1.43 miles and at the gym, I benched up to 150. I think I already posted that workout.

Tuesday I was able to lift again and swim 2,422 meters.

Despite attending Aunt Dorris' funeral, I also managed to lift some weights when I got home as well as shuffle 1.55 miles.

Thursday I made it back to the pool for 2,559 meters and then did a big bench session at Plate City.

Friday I did my third swim. It was a good one, all quality and it totaled 4,100 yards (3,747 meters). I also lifted.

Saturday, Penny and I went to Jackson. Yes, I went by Play it Again Sports and Academy Sports where I purchased some ten pound Olympic Plates. We have fewer of those than any other denomination at the gym so I am making up the shortfall. While Penny was in one of her stores, I found again Friendship Park and ran 1.86 miles there. When we got home, I went out back and lifted in the dark. So despite the trip to Jackson, I did everything except swim.

For the week, I

lifted six times (good),
shuffled 4.82 miles (better)
pedaled 6:00 on the exercise bicycle, and
swam 8,728 meters (far too little).

Not a big week, but I am one closer to April and June and my swimming is still coming up. Thank you, Lord, for giving me enough health to do as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment