Friday, February 8, 2019

Chat with Cagri

Like Tuesday, I went to Bear Pen Park before going to the kids and did some shuffling. This time I went 1.25 straight. Although the pace was only a little faster than a good walker, I felt like I was running, and that is a good thing. 

At the pool, I handled the cold about the same as last time. I did get 550 warming up before they all stopped on the wall. Then it was

8 X 50 kick with fins
450 with fins
8 X 50 @ 1:30 breathing 3,5,7,9 by 50s
450 with pull bouy
8 X 50 @ 1:30 decline 1-4 (I hit two at :38)
300 cool down
total: 2,550

After practice, I got to chat with Cagri some, and I asked him about warming up and cooling down at the swim meet I plan to do in April. He encouraged long warm ups with some 50s decline to be ready to swim hard and double the event distance for cool down. That's a lot of swimming if I do the four events I am signed up for. I know I can swim the distance, but the 500 is the last event of the day and the one that means the most to me. I am worried that all that swimming might impact my performance on it.

Anyway, he said he would send me a PDF of a book that would give me some ideas on training. He sent the book, and I stayed up late reading it. I should have my pool back next week and be able to put some of the ideas into practice. Thank  you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment