Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Magical Monday

I had that magical Monday, the three-workout day. It started with an early morning run. When I started, the temperature was 36. I shuffled east on Monroe Ave. and as I did, a street light gave just enough illumination to cast my shadow before me on the road's surface. I looked like a waddling old man. It was a disappointing and disgusting sight, but at least I am out there on my 3,019th comeback. I shuffled for two miles at a slower than 14 minute per mile pace. Pretty pitiful but I haven't given up.

An early morning run always makes me feel good. Then I had an enjoyable day at school, other than being a little frustrated at students who can't seem to think. After class I went home and saw CC, changed clothes, and went to the pool. When I got there the pool was empty, and I thought, I have it all to myself. But not for long. The mothers and babies started coming in. There was no lane line up so I felt like my wake was a problem. It affected me. It always does. I know it shouldn't but I got out much sooner than I would have. What I did swim was

1,200 21:44 (1:48)
14 X 100 @ 2:05
400 small paddles
total: 3,000 yards = 2,742 meters.

Workout number three was weights at Plate City. I had to get it done early because of Over 60s so for about the forth time in a row, I had to lift alone. On the bench I did 

20 X 45
13 X 95
8 X 115
8 X 140
5 X 150
2 X 155
2 X 155

I also did some squats. Maybe one day mortification will take my pride down low enough that I can post those numbers. Not yet. Forgive me, Lord. Over 60s was good, enjoyable, edifying. Thank you, Jesus, for a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment