Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Three-workout Day

I had another one, a day of real training. I started with getting up early and going for a shuffle. As usual of late, I felt like an old man. OK, maybe I am an old man. I shuffled along in the darkness and listened with joy as birds announced a coming new day. When it was over, I had gone for 2.19. I think now I can safely say that I am on the road back. Well, I'm on the slow road.

After work, I did everything possible to get to the pool as soon as I could. I started swimming around 2:30 and did

1,100 20:02 (1:49)
1,100 small paddles 19:15
8 X 25 @:40
200 medium paddles
400 easy
total: 3,000 yards = 2,742 meters.

It wasn't a bad swim, but I don't feel comfortable busting up and down the pool really hard with the babies in the water. Sigh. That's why I did 25s instead of 50s or 100s. I didn't have to flip and create more waves and splash.

After the swim, I waited for Trevor to text. When he didn't, I contacted him and he said he was out so I worked out alone. We have had a long run here where we haven't been able to lift together. Sigh.

With only one weight session last week, I was hoping I had not lost any strength. I lost strength. But life happens so I will get it back. On the bench, I pressed

20 X 45
13 X 95
10 X 115
7 X 140 (one less than last week)
3 X 145 (less weight and fewer reps than last week)
3 X 145
3 X 145
8 X 135

I also did some inclines bench presses, some squats, and some rotator cuff work.

It's getting pretty close to time to start ramping up the yardage and cutting back on the lifting. Not yet. I need to take the strength a little higher and keep as much of it as I can going into my meet. 

It was a solid day in the classroom and in the training. Thank you, Lord. I need some more of those.

No comments:

Post a Comment