Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Swimless Monday

I just now got reconnected to my power cord. I left it at work over the weekend, but not at the Greenwood Center but at Moorhead. Thus I only booted to computer briefly twice to post when I couldn't stand it anymore. Now maybe  can be responsible and keep up with the cord and post as much as I want to.

They drained to pool Sunday afternoon so there was no swimming for me Monday. I missed it, and when I stepped on the scales Tuesday morning, I could see that my body missed it also. The Super Bowl put three pounds on me. The lack of a swim helped keep it on. I knew I should have taken a long walk. Instead, I just lounged around with the cats. But Trevor and I did hit it hard at Plate City. It was bench day and on the flat I hit

20 X 45
13 X 95
10 X 115
8 X 140
5 X 147
5 X 147
5 X 147

I was definitely stronger this week than last. Is that because I am rebuilding or is it because I did not swim? Wish I knew.

On the incline I did

11 X 100
9 X 111
7 X 117

I also did squats, but the numbers are so puny that I can't bear to share them. In addition, I always do rotator cuff work. 

Right now I am in English Composition I and we are writing. I loaded the ruck this morning with my swimming stuff and nutrition. I plan to go to the kids and then to DSU to swim with the old Masters's crew. It has been awhile. I miss them and the grand kids, but the money I am saving on gas is a lot. I hope next week to be back in my old routine of burning up the pool every day.

In addition to working out, I went by Leflore Steel and place a couple of orders. One is a fat bar. It has something to do with strongman training. That't Trevor's domain. The other is an attachment to go to the new power rack which had become the center piece of the gym. This will give us the ability to do dips. I don't know how long it will take to get this stuff because I am always on the bottom of the list. But eventually we will get it and once more, Plate City will be even better. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment