Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Tuesday Swim

I arrived at the pool Tuesday afternoon and once more it was empty. For how long? There was no way for me to know. Since I had done 14 100s Monday (speed work), it was time to focus on endurance. So I went back to my extra long warm up and did 

2,200 in 40:53 (1:51)
150 for time (2:10, 1:26)
300 small paddles
200 kick with fins
400 easy
19 X 50 medium paddles @1:09
total: 4,000 yards = 3,656 meters.

The day was rainy and cold so I texted Trevor and asked him what he thought. He never answered so guess what I did. Right, I got comfortable once I got inside and did nothing else for the day or night, or at least noting else physical. I just lounged around with CC and watched YouTube videos about home gyms. Plate City is still the best of them all.

Now, as I type this, it is still cold and rainy outside. What does the day hold? Possibilities. I plan to swim again and maybe lift. I need a made up mind to lift even if I don't hear from T-man. He may be tapering for the rest of the week because we are going to Little Rock Friday so he can compete in his first ever strongman contest Saturday. I look forward to cheering him on and witnessing a strongman contest in person. It should be interesting. I would like to compete myself, but I am an endurance athlete and far too week.

Thank you, Lord, for a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment