Thursday, February 28, 2019

Another Triple

I already knew Tuesday was going to be a tough nut to crack. We were taking the grand kids to the Wizard of Oz play at BPAC at DSU. So it I were to get more than one workout in, I had to get up early. I did set the alarm and was up to use the bathroom a minute before it went off. But I stayed up too late Monday night so I turned to alarm off and went back to bed. I am smart like that. 

Consequently, all I got done was a swim. With the babies in the pool, I decided against doing set but instead did a straight 3,350 yard swim with some pickups thrown in. The pickups were done before the kiddie lessons started. It was a decent swim and all I got that day.

Wednesday, however, I had more time. Trevor usually gets off early so we lifted together for the first time in over a week. I pulled, having done pushing Monday. I thought we were going to run afterwards, but Trevor "forgot" his shoes. I went out alone and did 2.25 miles. My plan for us together was to run a mile on Wade Road and then do some weighted runs up the bridge. I planned to carry a twenty-five pound plate and give Trevor and forty-five. After the strongman contest, I concluded that Trevor needed a little more conditioning. He has good strength, but could use more cardio at the high lactic acid level. The weighted repeats up the bridge would provide that, and they wouldn't hurt me either. So the solo shuffle was my second workout of the day.

I went inside and took some Whey protein and rested a bit before going to the pool. I planned to swim late so the babies wouldn't be there and I could do some fast swimming. What I swam was

2,500 46:11 (1:50)
250 for time 3:44 (just under 1:30 - this is the pace I am trying to work up all the way to 500)
250 easy with medium paddles
2 X 100 @ 1:35 (I had 75 @ 1:35 programmed already in my watch. I decided to try it with 100s. That meant I had to swim under 1:30 to have even five seconds of rest. I made two reps and had only two seconds left to I tapped)
250 easy with medium paddles
5 X 100 @ 1:55
300 medium paddles
total: 4,250 yards = 3,884 meters.

It was a good practice and my third workout of the day. Three-workout days do a body good. I woke this morning weighing 170.8, my lightest in two years. Tonight, however, we have one of those preacher eating meetings. I like these, but if I could go a few weeks without a big eating, my weight would get where it needs to be.

With the meeting, I have time for only one workout today. Swimming is my choice. With the meet only five weeks away, swimming has to take priority. Having goals and plans is fun. Thank you, Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment